Thursday, February 22, 2007

hello... hapi lunar new year!!!

didnt wana blog todae cos no mood... but bored leh... next week gona b a shiong week... actually starts tomolo la... n since its my first dae back at wk... super no mood sia... my colleagues n frens aso all waitin fer time to fly past... many emails flyin arnd... pple would think im some sales person wkin wif so many potential buyers from e various companies hahaha...

so todae will b a matter-of-fact post since im not in e best of moods... an update from my trip to SGH yesterdae...

reached at 155pm fer my 215pm appointment wif e hope that i would b able to c e doc at 215pm sharp or maybe earlier... but at 205pm my doc strolled past e room n went fer kopi wif his fren...

a sian me looked at my queue no... 1415... 'ooo same as ur appointment time' said vin... ya hor! so smart... ok so i wonder if im e first patient since he is so free to go kopi break... at least let me c him on time la since cant b early...

213pm: *beep* n 1400 flashed on e screen... my heart sank... alamak... every patient go in 5 min e least... my turn will b *looks at fingers n toes n realises not enuff to count*...

vin said ' nmind maybe not in running order leh?' a hopeful me looked at my queue no slip again... ya hor, it states 'might not b in sequential order'... ok... let's hope...

217pm: *beep*can u feel my disappointment????? ITS IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER!!!!!! sian to e max...
a v cool vin readin his bloomberg magazine... while bored n sad me tries to entertain myself to prevent myself from harboring anger against e doc (if u refer to my post in mid06, u will realise dat i dun like this doc cos of how lousy he made me feel...)

yes. i was super sian. vin is v amused by me. or maybe he half give up on me... kekeke...

a ray of hope!!!!! from 1401 to 1405!!!!!!!!!! forget wat time liao... kekeke... as u can c, i was so bored dat i took a pic of e same things juz to try different angles... aiyah so can show u all dat e number jumped ma!!!!!! =P

so i went in. e doc's mood's beta. smiled at us. asked me wat can he do fer me. was quite helpful. but over helpful i think... cos... after lookin at my nerve testin results n my history n my previous mri scans, he said 'i reali duno wat is this' n said he cant help n blah blah... then he asked how do i feel now. beta? worse? so i said dat from sept - dec no sign of discomfort but in jan it came back. its numbness n weakness n pain on my right side n sometimes e rite side of my brain feels like got cramps... so he said...

maybe need to do brain scan

HUH??????????????? so now become maybe my brain got prob?! my gosh... so if i didnt mention my brain, he wun even think of dat possibility?! ludicrous dun u think?! in case u r secretly wonderin wat is e meaning of ludicrous - amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration, or eccentricity put dat in tiny font in case u pai sei... (i amaze myself at my vocab sometimes... maybe anger/shock brings out e best in me... jolt my brain awake)

n wat is more shockin is dat he continued wif 'if after e brain scan, we can identify e cause then can operate'... so matter of fact... n poor me, reelin from e shock... frankly, i was half smilin cos i found it so amusing e whole scene... dat back pain which evolved to include neck pain n later evolve to include brain cramp can b reasoned as: slipped disc ---> early disc degeneration in e back ---> root cause is degeneration in neck ---> brain prob!!!!!!!

science... how do we trust docs anymore, tell me?

so he asked me if i wana do ANOTHER mri... did 2 liao over e years... he said maybe now worse so can c somethin... *sigh* if now worse, i b bedridden liao... i took those mris at points in my life when i was limpin arnd so how can now b worse??? each mri is 300 plus bucks leh... ya la company pay la but still... dun wan la... waste money to get a no-result again?!

in e end, he said to go to a neurologist n they will determine if i shd go fer brain scan or anythin else... HA HA HA HA HA... i still find all this a joke... maybe i will wake up tomolo n realise e past 7 years of pain was all my imagination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!juz fer fun... can u understand wat e orthopaedic wrote to e neurologist?

vin n i stared at it in silence fer 2 min... then he looked at me n said 'u understand?' i shook my head n asked him how do docs read each others' handwriting... so he said 'maybe e neurologist aso wun understand hor?' ya loh!!! actually think they dun understand leh... then he said 'dats y every time u go in, they squint at it fer some time liao then put e paper down n ask u 'how can i help u?' cos they dun understand!!!' hahaha ya loh hor... scully they read liao then in e end show me e paper then ask me 'eh, how to read this word ah?' kekeke...