Thursday, September 07, 2006

Being a shelter for those in need

Isaiah 32: 2-4
2 Each man will be like a shelter from the wind and a refuge from the storm, like streams of water in the desert and the shadow of a great rock in a thirsty land.
3 Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed, and the ears of those who hear will listen.
4 The mind of the rash will know and understand, and the stammering tongue will be fluent and clear.


hmmm this is reali good... u noe, i alwayz long to b an encourager, a people person... someone whom can b there fer others in their time of need... many times i do fail... cos im too busy, too tired, too caught up in my own life, or juz bein e introvert n selfish me... let's face it, we r human after all...

but God gave us the capacity to love. not juz love, but we can draw from His unconditional love well... when we r tired n cant love when we need to, juz look to Him n we can love... its all abt love huh... cos God's commandment is to love...

John 13: 34-35
34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Someone once said that you and I might be the only Bible someone ever reads, so we need to be something worth reading. - extracted from Prime Time with God

interesting huh... im sure we all noe dat... but its juz a timely reminder dat we r living testimonies... everythin we do reflects wat we focus on in our lives... if we r surrounded wif violence, we r violent... if we r alwayz arnd gossipers, we will gossip too... thus, if we focus on God, we will reflect Him, His love n His glory...

of cos, we r onli human n there r many times we fail... many pple haf become disillusioned wif Christianity cos of e supposed Christians... but oh well... we shall not go there... but all i can do in my small little part is to fix my eyes upon God, n He will direct my paths n renew my mind n guide me to b a beta n more Christlike person...

how come im so preachy ah?! kekeke juz my thoughts ma... e thoughts juz flow... think is cos one of my dear frens is in some prob n has been comin to me to tok... reali glad dat i b there fer my frens when they need me... juz to b there fer em when they r troubled... so dat they r not left alone n who noes wat... to all who haf shared ur life wif me in one wae or other, thanks for e trust in me n e frenship dat we share... =)

recently God led me to b a 'fairy godparent' where i will b a mentor to a child... once a week fer 2 hours, i'll either go to e child's place or if e child is in upper pri, e child will come over, n i'll guide e child in his/her sch wk n of cos b a big sister to e child... definitely i would wana share not onli academic stuff wif e child but abt principles of life, abt how to love, abt things dat can benefit e child... these children dat r benefitin from this program r children of parents whom r in jail n whom haf nobody to take care n love em...

pray dat i can b a shining light fer Him in all dat i do...