Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Relationships - Flower in the Rain

Flower in the Rain
You are the One; there's no one else
Who lifts me up
And gives me water from the well
But there's a hole
That seems to drain it all away
And once again I'm left in fear and doubt
When all my strength is crying out

CHORUS:
So here I am again
Willing to be opened up and broken like a flower in the rain
Tell me what have I to do
To die and then be raised
To reach beyond the pain
Like a flower in the rain

The evil wind, it blows a storm
To rock my world
Just when I think I'm safe and warm
I'm led astray far too easily
It's always hard for me to say I'm wrong
Until I know I can't go on

Lord, You have searched me
And know when I sleep and when I rise
You're familiar with all my ways
Even the darkness will shine
Like the day
When you look into my heart

"Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship with God"
Doesn't this statement sound oh-so-familiar, whether believer or not? It sounds almost cliche that most people don't bother to think too much into it. To me, this is not just a statement, but a revelation of the true nature of God and the real purpose of man. The truth is - God loves you.

"Lord, You have searched me
And know when I sleep and when I rise
You're familiar with all my ways"

Doesn't this mean something to you? It tells me that God is not just some faraway divine being, unconcerned about my present situation. He is interested in me. He knows me inside-out, He loves me and wants to have an intimate relationship with me.

The happiest people in life are not those who earn a million bucks every month, or work on the highest floor in Wall Street. The happiest people in life are those who have love in their lifes, those who have meaningful relationships. Hence, it makes perfect sense to me that the God who made me in His image is primarily concerned with having a relationship with me - Only a God who values relationships can create Man who trives in them.

No other religion or God in this world tells me this, only Him.