Sunday, May 17, 2009

work work work...

this is the reason for my disappearance for a month... think you will see less of me blogging at least for the next 3-6 months... for the past 3 weeks, i've been reaching home between 9 plus to almost midnight... think only once i reached home just before 8! maybe its cos after close, we are now into forecast and plan... pray that things will get better...

really duno what to make of this. told josh tan that im like in the deep ocean, swimming for 3 weeks, struggling to even keep my head up but i just have to. almost every morning i psych myself on the way to work cos its just so draining...

however, this job is everything i asked for:
1) i wanted something that will challenge me. i came into this role with my predecessor teaching me half of what i should know. the accounts left behind are extremely messy.
2) i liked something that will keep me busy and not let me idle during office hours. im now working so late.
3) i hoped to learn something other than the financial planning and reporting role that i already knew. im now doing something that is completely different - operational finance

morale of the story: be careful what you ask for. i asked God for all those things and He gave me more than i asked for. more than i could hope or dream of! haha...

anyhow, i know that there is a purpose for my being here. whether it be to touch lives around me or to train myself to be more resilient. i believe it is both and much more! i want to press on! He has blessed me with this role in times like this, i must give thanks and continue to learn as much as i can and contribute in more ways than i can. for it is not me, but Him working through me!