Monday, April 14, 2008

updates on our bridal studio

for those who have fantastic experiences with their bridal studios, i am so happy for them. cos mine is really disappointing me step by step. bringing me through an emotional roller-coaster.

but i must say, i have come out strong. cos now i feel a sense of indifference. but yet i know even though i can tell myself to just forget it and go with the flow, i need to exercise my rights as a consumer who paid alot of money to get what i deserve. so i still need to insist on my rights.

are you even surprised to read the above comments i have above my bridal studio? after my previous post that vin and i are happy with him? guess a leopard cant change its spots ya? and i still naively thought that him booking the first fitting appointment with me means the start of a wonderful working relationship with him... haha guess i was wrong...

first fitting:
1) vin's tuxedo was no where in sight. the designer said that he could not get hold of the tailor so vin had to go back again on monday for his first fitting. fine. we agreed since we were at his mercy and we just wanted things to be settled faster, so whatever goes
2) my evening gown design was not what we wanted! can't elaborate more on this else there would be no more suspense to my EG design, but anyway, it is really quite different... well i told myself, nevermind, i will just have a different gown for photoshoot as for my wedding day. take it that i got an addition - good for me...
3) my evening gown was too big for me - i thought they made it according to my figure but strangely it was too big everywhere... speaking of that, my wedding gown was not extremely fitting but well it can do...

monday (vin's tuxedo first fitting):
it was just the jacket!!! and it was only the jacket without the lapels and all the frivolous stuff... just a piece of cloth roughly sewn to try to fit onto vin... i was like...??? ask us to go all the way there just to fit that??? vin and i had to pay up cos we had our first fitting already, but we decided, no matter what, we are not going to pay the next installment, which was due at the second fitting

second fitting:
1) my evening gown was still too big
2) he did not have the lace that i wanted for my evening gown and told me a whole story about how he searched but could not find the perfect lace for me. but today, thinking about it, something dawned onto me - the reason why he could not produce my gowns for first fitting much earlier was because he could not find the lace back then!!!!! so since he agreed to fix my photoshoot 2 weeks later than earlier promised, means that he should have already gotten hold of the lace. because he said that without choosing the lace i wanted, he was unable to buy the cloth to make my evening gown... a load of crap i must say it was then... and to think that vin and i have been twirled round and round his little finger
3) we did not choose the accessories as he had earlier promised. he pushed it to the night before the photoshoot, when i would have to go over to collect my gown - decided that i will make him complete everything for me on 19th cos i am not going to go to his shop on monday night and get all stressed up by him and look all haggard the next day for my photo shoot
4) we did not choose the kua and see the veil he was supposed to prepare for me - same as point 3
5) we also did not get to choose the additional gown that i can wear for the photoshoot. he said that he would have to short list for me - then why did he not do it earlier so that i could select my gown on the second fitting?

oh gosh, i can't believe it. after typing all this then i realise how much he has disappointed me. really wonder if this situation can be salvaged. but oh well, thank God that it is through this entire process that i have grown. to be more 'steady' and less emotional about such uncontrollable situations. vin has also helped me a great deal in this entire wedding preparations process.

God is good! Amen! =)))