Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Singaporeans are not so heartless after all!

the stubborn mule in me decided to take a bus to work on monday. even though i was still on crutches and the walk to the bus stop from my home and from the destination bus stop to office was very long. well, i thought i could make it ma! =Pp


was quite tired out when i reached my bus stop but thank God for the long rest before my bus came. when i boarded, the driver was nice enough to wait till i hobbled to the seat beside the entrance. i managed to put one of my crutches against the wall and was trying to put the other one down and shift my butt to the seat. but i guess when he heard my first crutch hit the wall, he assumed that i sat down, so he moved off and i fell down.


in that split second while i was falling down, i was frantically trying to think of how best not to let my injured foot hit the floor and trying to manoeuvre myself to safety. but cos my original position was already slightly awkward, i didnt manage to get myself out of the tangle fast enough and my foot hit the floor, with my crutch crashing down on my right hand.


i heard alot of people screaming and 1 man ran over to me to carry me up and kept asking me if i was ok. thankfully i didnt break my foot but it hurt alot. the driver kept asking me if i was ok, but well, i had to get to work right, so i smiled with tears in my eyes cos of the pain and said yes.


when i was about to alight, the driver asked me if i was ok and wanted to find someone to help me alight! but i told him its 'ok, thanks' and assured him that i was fine. the journey to office was thankfully without any incidents, except for the occasional stopping for 3mins every 50m to catch my breath.


anyway i scraped through the day. by the time i finished work, it was 830pm so i called for a cab and hobbled down to meet him. he was real nice and walked over to open the door for me, asking me what happened. didnt chat too much. but when he dropped me home, he got out again to open the door for me and even carried my laptop for me to the bench nearby where i was to wait for vin to come and help me.


whats more, my boss was so kind to let me work from home this week, starting tues! think cos of the fall and cos i cant prop my leg up in office, my foot became more swollen and black. so this week's working from home will definitely do me alot of good. cant wait to walk normally soon!!!!! ^_^