Thursday, January 24, 2008

so what's up with Vin & Jean these days?

been some time since i updated about our wedding preparations... nothing much done so far actually cos maybe i'm running out of steam and losing focus... think cos i was distracted with my job hunt recently and then going for my company retreat last weekend in Phuket...

my latest worry is the bridal studio (BS)... my designer is supposed to be forgetful as i read from the forums (after i have already signed up with them) so he always seems to not remember who i am whenever i call him. my friends' designers call them up to remind them about their appointments and plan their timeline for them etc... but i am the one who keeps call my designer so far... keep bugging him on when he can meet us for the design session and he keeps pushing cos he is unable to show us samples of the lace which i want for my evening gown(EG)... *big sigh*

after i put down the phone with my designer just now, i felt such a huge load on me cos yet again he pushed our meeting...

what if he can't make it in time for my photoshoot(PS)?

ideally, i would like my PS to be in mid april such that there are about 2 months for maria and joshua ho to use our wedding photos to finish up their projects... and joyce kept telling vin and me that no matter what, my first fitting must be in feb!!! *double sigh*

when we met him last week, he said he can most probably show us the lace this sat so we can finalize my wedding gown (WG) design and everything will steam roll from there. first fitting early march then by early april we can have our PS. BUT WE ARE NOT MEETING THIS SAT!!!!! and he said give him a few weeks... i was literally counting on my fingers if there was enough time and the scaredy cat in me didn't dare to negotiate or ask more questions in fear that he would think im paranoid and don't trust him etc... so i just let it go...

then i thought: i need to speak to someone who is going through this process!!!!! and i thought of mag... her wedding is on 16 feb so she would be the BEST person to advice me. and i remember her PS was in dec so her timing should be the same as mine, without much buffer from the gown design session till the actual day (AD). alot of brides that are getting married in june/july already have their PS or are going to have their PS in end jan, so to me, i can't use them as a gauge anymore cos it would just seem that i have totally no time left...

thank God for mag... she helped me count backwards and i realised ok, no matter what, i need to finalize my gown design before chinese new year. even if we don't meet this sat, it is still ok. everything will still be fine. so i have 2 more weeks. please please please all you lace suppliers... get hold of your lace supplies and show them to the world and my designer will be able to show me some georgeous laces!!!!!!!

another thing vin and i are doing, one of the ten items that we are currently working on at the same time, is looking for a wedding band. IT IS SUPER TOUGH LA!!!!! vin has found a band that he absolutely loves!!! it is very unique, not like those bands that you always see at sookee/lee hwa etc, but has a interesting design and has his favorite black gold on it. the thing is... the matching lady's version looks too dull for my liking... too dull = quite manly looking. so i have to add a row of diamonds on it and the contours of the ring will not be exactly the same as vin's cos it would not be aesthetically nice to add diamonds on the same cut as vin's. ok it's extremely hard to describe to you all... IF we buy that in the end, you will understand why when you see our bands on our wedding day. anyway, the only thing that is stopping us from getting that is: 1) it is not an exact replica of each other; and 2) it exceeds our budget...

well, we have a 2nd choice pair that is within our budget and is cheaper than our first choice pair by about S$300... but yet... oh well... i duno... frankly speaking, if i really loved the first choice ring, we would gladly buy that cos it only exceeds our budget slightly. but im still not entirely convinced cos 1) i don't fancy diamonds. one solitaire from vin is enough for me; and 2) it is not an exact replica of vin's ring...

we really need to focus on God and ask for divine wisdom in all these decisions that we need to make. it is super not easy to decide on our own... worries like 1) is this the right choice; 2) is this too expensive; etc...

anyway, vin is still in a meeting and here i am waiting for him... but i guess once im in my new job, he will be the one waiting for me. and he sure will be so glad to be in that situation instead. less stress on him and more time for him to read up on all his financial modelling stuff... hahaha...